Should you be the proud owner of a garden, you'll certainly need a designated place to keep your gardening tools and equipment! The aesthetically pleasing EZ-Fit Sheds Heritage Outdoor Garden Shed provides the ultimate solution for your storage needs.
This is an exceptional outdoor storage assembly that can conveniently house various items such as tools, equipment, lawnmowers, bicycles, and any additional items that may be cluttering your garage. It can also be transformed into a delightful backyard studio, office, or workshop!
This superior-quality wooden garden shed has been designed with double doors for seamless access, so you don't have to struggle fitting in your larger pieces of equipment. The windows not only bring in ample light but also enhance the shed's charm with their appealing addition.
The Amazing Features:
Shutters - make this shed even better looking
U.S.A. Made Locksets - provide additional peace of mind
Decorative Hinges - add a bit of extra style
Double Top Plate - provides additional wall and roof support
Horizontal Nailer - even more support
6" Fascia Trim - edge of the roof looks great, right?
60" Double Doors - more room to get items in and out
Windows: 1 - 24x36" and 1 - 30x36" Windows
Windows are functional and open up
Windows come with screens to keep pesky bugs out
6'6" Walls provide extra room to maneuver
Snowload - 20PSF
Primed Smartside siding lasts longer
4' Panelized wall sections are extra sturdy
Solid High-Quality Rafters provide extra support
Panelized wall sections with horizontal nailer and 24" oc wall studs
Roof sheathing, pre-hung doors, trim, door hardware, fasteners
6/12 pitch roof
Shingles and Paint are not included. The floor kit is optional
What do transom windows look like?
1 set of transom windows for double doors means 1 windows. one for each door. Please see the picture below.
What do diamond plate's look like?
These diamond plates are meant to prevent scuffing if you consistently load equipment in and out.
All EZ fit sheds come partially pre-assembled. All of the wall sidings are already attached to the 2x4 framing and come in 4-foot wide wall panels. As much pre-assembly as can be done ahead of time is completed without shipping the shed all put together. We provide step-by-step instructions for you to finalize putting everything together and an average assembly with 2 people takes about 8 hours. We do not provide installers but if you do not want to build the shed yourself, many customers hire a local handyman to do it.
The kit will arrive in 1 or 2 large wooden crates. This is standard curbside delivery in almost all cases the driver will be able to unload the crates and put them in an easy-to-get-to area. If the delivery truck does not have a liftgate available, you will be required to have 2 people available to unload the pieces from the crate. The pieces are easy to carry with 2 people. If you want to ensure the unloading of the kit, we also have a flatbed truck with a forklift delivery option which runs around $200-$1,000 depending on the location and size of the delivery. Send us an email to find out a quote for this service and if available.
They are packaged in 1-2 crates (Some of the smaller kits can be unloaded by lift gate.) You will need a cordless drill and a #2 square head drill bit to open the crate and unload the kit
Shed assembled in the video is a Riverside shed model but assembly is the same.
Optional Floor kit includes • 4x4" Long lasting treated runners • 2x4" S.P.F. Floor joists (16" o.c.) • 3/4" High Quality Engineered Wood Floor
(Floor kits are not available on 10x20, 12x20, and 12x24 sheds due to shipping weight restrictions.)
Optional Wind Kit Live in Florida or another area and need a kit for high winds? The Heritage shed has a 90mph rating out of the box, and with the additional wind kit, it has a 140mph wind rating. The kit includes 8 anchors attached to the skid, drive rods, and 2 ceiling joists (2 2x4’s). We can provide the engineering specs sheet needed for building permits upon request. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and additional details.
If putting the shed directly on a concrete slab you cannot use the wind kit but you can use concrete floor anchors purchased from your local hardware store to directly attach the bottom plate of the shed to the concrete slab.
Optional Wall Height Extension We have the ability to increase the sidewall height to 7 or 8 feet. Please email us with the size shed you are interested in and we can provide pricing.
Need a different configuration? We can place the double doors and larger window on the 180-degree opposite side (or a small window on 180 degrees opposite side). Just let us know in the "Special instructions for seller" section when placing your order.
* Floor and Shingles Not Included *
Floor and Shingles can be purchased at your local hardware store. You can also purchase the optional floor kit we have in the add-on section.The floor can consist of 4x4's, 2x4's, and plywood - we can give you the details if you would like. The shed can also be placed directly on a concrete slab if desired - please select the pressure treated option and we will treat the bottom plate (bottom of the wall) of the shed. If placing the shed directly on a concrete slab, we recommend that the slab be 1/2 an inch smaller than the size of the shed. This way the bottom plate can rest on the perimeter of the concrete slab and the wall siding can go down slightly down the side of the slab. This will prevent rainwater from entering the shed. If using a slab that is larger than the size of the shed please let us know and we will attach the bottom plate at the bottom of the wall.
The Heritage Shed is made using Strongback Nailer walls
The Heritage Shed comes with a high quality Triple Layer Door
1. Possible to do a taller door - something like 82" rough opening height? Yes, we can frame an 82” high door opening in the wall on 7’ or 8’ high walls.
2. What is the Roof Overhang? 12 inches on all sides.
3. How many runners for the sheds? An 8’ wide shed has 3 runners. 10’ and 12’ wide sheds have 4 runners.
4. Windows on EZ Fit Sheds, single or double pane? Single Pane..
5. Can the floor kit go on top of a concrete slab and if so, how large should the slab be? Yes, you can build a wooden floor on top of a concrete slab if you want to.
6. What are the largest size containers that the pieces come in. h x w x depth? As an example, A 12x24 shed will be shipped in 2 pallets. The 1st pallet is 50x83x64 weighing 1700 lb. The 2nd pallet size is 50x97x38 weighing 1700 lb.
7. What is the thickness of the plywood walls? Do you use T111 Plywood? The smart side siding is 7/16 inch thick. It’s not plywood. It is an engineered wood treated to resist termites and fungal decay.
8. What is the thickness of the roof? Is the roof OSB or CDX? The roof sheathing is 7/16” osb.
9. How long will it take to install the roof shingles and to paint the shed once assembled? For an 8x12, 1 person can shingle it in 1.5 hours. Painting: 1 person = 4 hours. For a 12x14, 1 person can shingle in 3 hours. Painting = 7 hours
10. Is the floor package treated? If so, does it offgass? The floor is 3/4” pro struct which is also treated to resist termites and fungal decay.
11. What is the total weight of the base kit? As an example, for the 8x12 Riverside, base kit is 1800 pounds.
12. What is the ramp length/width and what height difference does it take up (meaning what is the ultimate height from the concrete pad to the top of the threshold of the double doors)? The ramp is 4 ½” high by the doors of the shed, It is either 60” wide or 72” wide and both are 42” deep.
13. How many shingles do we need to buy? Do we need to buy any nails or fasteners if so what kind? We provide all of the hardware for the shed, but not for the roof. You are responsible for shingles, drip edge, nails for shingles, etc. Please see chart below for number of shingles depending on the size of the shed.
Shed size / Roof Square Footage
Heritage Shed Features:
Shutters add an element of dimension to your structure and come standard with your shed kit
Our locksets are made right here in the U.S.A. They feature a heavy-duty locking mechanism and a durable electro-coated black paint. Each lockset includes a decorative plate.
12" Decorative T-Hinge with Bushings are standard on all EZ-fit Shed Kits
A Double Top Plate creates an incredibly stiff wall and a very strong corner where the top plates overlap at the ends.
Stronger Walls - Straighter Walls. Increased Nailing Surface - Standard on All High-Sidewalls. Using computerized component saws, each individual wall stud is cut with a specialized notch.
The trim serves an aesthetic purpose by providing a contrast to the color of the siding while protecting the fascia board from exposure to the elements.
The standard 60" door allows for easy access. Add an optional ramp for easy retrieval of your lawn and garden equipment.